Initially I titled this how to live in a violent society then I realized not a lot is going on in front of my physical eyes — it’s basically what is being shown in movies, on television and on most news channels. Sometimes you try to get everyone in your household on board with boycotting the news however it doesn’t always work. It pops up on your phone and in your apps — the bad news is always there; someone has done something to their parents, someone has done something to the police, the police has done something to someone, etc. It’s draining to say the least.
I hope that like me you are looking diligently for ways to survive this current situatedness, specifically if you live in the West and in America — we love our cell phones however they have brought everyone’s trauma to our doorsteps.
It’s important that we share all tips of how we cope and survive while keeping our minds intact. I have overseen surveys on Reddit and some people sleep or workout or read or spend time with loved ones. What do you do to cope? Here at the list of some things that may help:
- Meditate daily for a minimum of 3 minutes. Envision positivity you want to realize in your life.
- Study ancient scriptural texts, dance, artistic expressions, etc. in order to uplift your soul.
- Do something good for a friend or neighbor and be the change you want to see.
- Safely socialize with positive peers at least monthly and stay in touch with them by electronic means at least weekly.
- Turn off all media for a few days or longer.
We are in a serious mental state of affairs with 50%+ Americans seeking mental health services. We spend so much time on our phones, laptops, tablets, and in front of our televisions. What we perceive in our minds is who we will become so we must put something else …something better in front of our eyes.