There is a ‘right way’ to start your day when working from home!
Get up and wash up as you would going to a regular job.
Create regular office hours.
Work out and exercise as you typically would prior to going to work away from home. Determine your hours — do you like working early in the day or in the evenings?
Get dressed for work—-it’s called work from home casual attire [AD] and it involves sundresses and shorts in the summer, but no jammies (even if you are in a cold climate)! Carry your purse or a bag of essentials to keep by your side so you don’t have to continually get up from your desk to get things.
Stay out of that bedroom!
- Ensure you have comfortable seating in your work area. [AD]
- Take short breaks away from your desk.
- Have a designated lunch break; don’t snack all day.
- If you need to leave the house, suit up for COVID-19 and go (during your break or after work).
- Understand your natural rhythm and work your schedule around it.
- Stay off of YouTube and internet news as much as possible because they are changing their stories all the time and usually need a week to make them accurate. You won’t miss anything by waiting til evening.